CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July!

Well, this was Aaron's first 4th and so many great memories were made. It started Sat. with us going out for lunch at Cracker Barrel. Both boys were soooo good. We had the best meal ever. It's soo nice when there is no fussing and everyone is on their best behavior. Aaron and Seth sat beside each other and I wasn't sure how that would work, but it was awesome.

Later that night, we went to a cookout at some friends house. In college, John and his friends would get together and play games and for some reason it got named Couple's Skate Night. This was my first one with most of the old gang, and what a good time for a bunch of old married couples all with kids :) It rained on our cookout, but we didn't let that stop our fun!!!







Because we stayed out late, John stayed home from church with the baby. Seth and I went because I had to lead singing. Now during the service, Seth was tired and ready to go home. He flipped flopped around and layed all over me. Trying to keep him wrangled I was having a hard time concentrating on the message, so I knew for sure he wasn't listening...WRONG!!!!

Brief snippet: As christians we have fallen asleep to our surroundings, we need to wake up, stay awake and not fall asleep.

What Seth learned: 'See mom, I don't have to take naps anymore, Pop said we have to stay awake and quit falling asleep!' At least he was listening!!!! LOVE IT!

John cooked some hotdogs for us then off to the fireworks. It wasn't a very good show, but the boys liked it and that's all that really matters anyway. It has been a great 4th and I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs.


1 comments:

Unknown

Pop knows best!! I am so glad that you had a great 4th weekend!

Post a Comment

Virtual HIGH FIVE for leaving me a comment! I get all excited when I see them, like gettin something in the mail that isn't junk. They seriously make my day!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...