CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 1...overcoming picky eating

Ok, so I asked some moms for food ideas for Seth. I am determined to try and slowly break this cycle of not eating in a non frustrating and enjoyable way. The dr tells me it is nothing to worry about and he will outgrow it, but it's been almost 2 yrs and seems to only be getting worse. The list of things we can now mark off that he will no longer eat just this past year is frightening. We now longer eat:
bananas
grapes
mixed fruit
toast
oatmeal
waffles
pasta

Now that might not seem like a lot, but when you only ate a handful of things to begin with, that's HUGE!!!

So instead of cracking down and MAKING him eat, I've decided that I am going to continue to make him try at least 3 bites (more if it's not too big of a fuss) at his own pace along with something I know he will eat.

Here's what I made for breakfast this morning. It was lightly toasted bread (if it's still soft he will eat it) with about half an egg to make the face.


This is what he gave it


This is how much he ate of it, and considering it's our first day and he usually instantly gags and gets sick if I make him try eggs I consider this a success!!!!


We finished up with our usual pancakes and peanut butter. Tomorrow we try a parfait!

Here's a couple picks of my other eater...no problems there :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Virtual HIGH FIVE for leaving me a comment! I get all excited when I see them, like gettin something in the mail that isn't junk. They seriously make my day!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...